2013 California Hooker Contest
Enter the California Hooker contest to find out! Entry fee is $10. Submit electronically in an rtf. file up to three pages, double spaced, of your story’s hook. Contest opens January 5, 2013, and is limited to the first 150 entries. All entries must be received by midnight PST, on Feb.15, 2013. Final judges will be editors attending the California Dreamin’ Conference. Winners will be announced at the conference March 15-17, 2013.
The contest opens for sign up payment on January 5, 2013. Entries are due by midnight Pacific Standard Time on February 15, 2013. No refunds will be made for entries that do not arrive by February 15, 2013. Contest is limited to the first 150 paid entries.
- Entries must include your story’s hook.
- Entries must be no more than three pages, double spaced.
- All entries must be submitted electronically in a rtf. file.
- The contest entry fee is $10.00.
- The contest is open to all RWA members, published, self-published, or unpublished.
- The work being entered cannot be published in any format, or under contract to be published.
Official Contest Rules
The four chapters, East Valley Authors, Los Angeles Romance Authors, Orange County Chapter – RWA, and RWA – San Diego Chapter, reserve the right to limit entries to the first one hundred fifty paid entries received. Failure to comply with any of the entry requirements herein could result in disqualification.
Awards will be made to the top ranked entries regardless of category.
First round judges include experienced, trained PRO and PAN members. Final-round judges will be acquiring editors and/or agents. Final round winners will be announced at the conference Award Luncheon on March 17, 2013.
All submissions must be submitted electronically in an rtf. file, up to a maximum of 3 pages double spaced. PAPER SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
The following process will apply to all entries:
- $10.00 fee (per entry) must be paid via Pay Pal. Use ‘Buy Now’ button below.
- Once the Contest Coordinator is notified by PayPal that the payment is received, the contest entry form will be emailed to the Entrant.
- The Contestant Waiver box will be considered checked once the form is returned by the Entrant.
- You MUST submit the completed contest entry form via email with your entry. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM on Friday February 15, 2013.
- Your name should not appear anywhere on the submission entry.
- The entry is not required to be the opening scene of the book, but pages should be numbered as they appear in the manuscript to a maximum of 3 double-spaced pages, in which the work’s “hook” is shown.
- Once your payment has been made and you have received the contest entry form, please attach your completed contest entry form and your properly formatted entry–as an .rtf file–to your email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there are any questions, please contact the Contest Coordinator at email@example.com.
Manuscript Format Requirements
- Double-spaced, Courier New or Times New Roman 12 point, 1-inch margins all around.
- DO NOT include your name anywhere on the entry itself. You must include the title, genre and actual page number from the manuscript in the header (left corner) on each page. Your name may appear only on the contest entry form. If it appears on any of the manuscript pages, your entry will automatically be disqualified.
- The fee is $10.00 per entry
- All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE
- Fees must be submitted using PayPal